The GSM of material is a very important property and is a defining factor for its quality and strength of paper. In the packaging industry, the GSM of materials like papers, cardboard, etc. is a decisive factor for various applications. With the help GSM, the manufacturers not only analyze the strength of the material but also they use it as a means of deciding the processing procedure for the material as well. For the best quality analysis of packaging materials, the accurate GSM of the products must be known. The GSM round cutter is an instrument that is used for calculation of the accurate GSM of the given samples.
With the help of the GSM round cutter, there is a round specimen cut from the sample. The area of this specimen is exactly 100 cm2. This specimen is then weighed on a digital weighing balance. Once the weight of the specimen is calculated, it is multiplied by 100. This gives the GSM of the given sample.
Key Features of Presto’s GSM Round Cutter
- The instrument is fabricated from high-grade aluminum for light weight and flexibility.
- The instrument can be easily operated with the turn of a knob.
- The instrument has four highly sharp German blades that are replaceable.
Technical features of Presto’s GSM Round Cutter
- The instrument is capable of cutting the accurate size of the specimen.
- The instrument is equipped with high-quality safety lock made from Brass.
- The specimen that is cut from the instrument has an area of 100cm2 and a diameter of 113 mm.
With the help of the GSM round cutter offered by Presto, It becomes very easy for the manufacturers of packaging materials to measure the accurate GSM of the materials and products with easy operating methods.